I found this wonderful list of ’40 Tips for better life” from Glich’s Life:
Thanks a lot Glich for this inspiring list 🙂
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while yo u walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, ‘My purpose is to __________ today.’
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, OR issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the NEGATIVE BLUES away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. REMEMBER GOD heals everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for _______. Today I accomplished ____
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. You may want to Forward this to everyone you care about. I just did. May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more, May nothing but happiness come through your door!
17 years ago, on 29th April 1991, when one of the most powerful and devastating tropical cyclone struck the Chittagong, Bangladesh, I was in Chittagong. I used to live there! I remeber everything about that night. My father used to work in a Shipping Corporation and they always have to track storm to make sure the ships are in safe harbour. Anyway, we were all at home and it was very stormy outside. I remember, for the first time in my life we were all told to sleep in living room instead of our bed rooms. Everybody go together inside that one room, and our parents were makinig sure everythign is properly locked. We used to live in 4th floor. I could not figure why they have to take such precaution when we live in nice developed city on fourth floor. I mean, I could not imagine what worse can happen. Then as night was growing the storm was getting stronger, the wind was very strong, it was impossible to stand in the balcony. We all gathered and prepared to sleep around 1 AM. I remeber that, my parents did not sleep. They wanted make sure everyhtign goes fine, the night was a nightmare and we siblings had no idea about it. We happily went to sleep, I woke up couple of time and saw in the dead deep night some light…dizzling light….later I camt to know that was the light of the hurricane. Anyway, I passed that horrible night mostly sleeping. When I woke up I could not believ my eyes. All the big trees around our house are all washed off. Not a single sign of greean around. Everythign loked wiped off!!! The electricity was down, gas was down, water was down. We had nothign to eat at home for breakfast. We went out, some hotels were trying to cook in fire, without gas. So we tried to buy some food, we also bought some mineral waters for home. I remeber those days were horrible. All news paper distribution were closed. We did not have enought information of what happend. Later we came to know about the devastating affects. The unbelievable impact it had is unimaginable 😦
At least 138,000 people were killed by the storm, with the majority of deaths in the Chittagong area. Most deaths were from drowning, with the highest mortality among children and the elderly. The storm caused an estimated $1.5 billion (US dollar) in damage. (Resource)
For months I remeber seeing relief activities going on for the affected people!! One thing I realized after that was, nothign can be as horrible as illiteracy. The warnings were not ver effective. Many had just a few hours of warning and did not know where to go for shelter. Others who knew about the storm refused to evacuate because they did not believe the storm would be as bad as forecasted. Both the illiteracy and callous of people and official the damage was so unbelievable!!
I feel very bad for those victims! I hope and pray taht we improve in avoiding those natural disasters to save lives of thousands of people in our country!!
Looks like when life is either too frustrated or too relaxed I tend to NOT write here 😛
This is very bad!! When you create a blog and you decide to write as regularly as possible, not sticking to your words is something you want to avoid. You want to be focused and do your task as you are supposed to do! And yes, that also explains why I am not hardworking and organized!!
Well, it may seem that I am always looing at my bad sides and am being annoying with what I do and I should do and so on, but someone once told me that ‘As long as you are unhappy with your attitudes and performance, you are good, cause you tend work on improving yourself and strive to be a better human being’ . So I never stop criticizing myself !
Sometimes it seems I am being negative with almost everythign about myself, but that helps. I can look into what I lack and work on that. Trust me there are certain attitudes/features (of mine) that I have been trying to change for last 10 years(!!!) and nothign happend yet and to my surprise I am still trying…may be I have improved to some extent…yet I feel another 60%-70% to go….
There is one thing I always love about myself: ‘I never give up’ :NEVER!!! Which sometimes turns bad…there are THINGS I should stop trying to get as I may never get those but as per my behavior I don’t stop 😛 lol!!
Am not sure what I am trying to explain here!! Does this post make any sense?? I doubt though 😛
Anyway, at least I wrote somethign!!
Yesssss!!!! Finally the miracle happend to my life!! I was very quiet last few days and rarely posted on my blog. Was really frustrated with the consequences of lottery which will decide my career, my future, will imact my whole life in so many ways. And unfortunately all these critical things were dependent on lottery.
Background story: I applied for my US job visa (known as H1-B) on April 1st. On Masters category 31200 people applied. Out of which they did lottery to select the 20000 lucky winner. The ratio was not too much bad and the statistical chances were around 66% !! However, lottery is lottery and anything could happen. I must add that I did apply last year also and was not selected through the lottery, so this was my second and kinda last chance!!
And finally yesterday I got that miracle email from my company lawyer that my application got selected in the lottery. If everyhting goes fine I should be set for next three years (at least)!! I am really very happy. (Hope somehitng new doesn not show up now :D)
Anyway, I am very glad and happy for those who were worried about my news and prayed for my luck. I thank them whole heartedly!
I really appreciate all you guys love and support!!
Here I go…looking forward to start a new life again with full of promises and challenges…..
“Woods are lovely dark and deep
I have promises to keep
And mile to go before I sleep”
By Charles Swindoll:
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gifted ability, or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace from that day. We cannot change our past, we cannot change the fact that people will act in certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing that we can do is play on the one string that we have and this string is, Attitude. I am convinced that life is ten percent what happens to me and ninety percent how I react to it. And so it is with you….We are in charge of our Attitudes. “
The person you live with your whole life is none but you! Now if that person irriatates you, if that person deteriorate your future success…if that person actions make you feel embarrased….if that person is not happy…if that person is sad…if that person is depressed – think about the impact on your life!!!!
I know it sounds naive but there is a deep thought (or I should say philosophy) behind it! If we could think this way can we improve ourself more efficiently, can we work on our problems ..limitations more actively then we usually do?? Will we understand the importance of our acts and steps towards life?? Will we be able to relate ourselves with our success accordance to our actions?? Will it become more visible?? Will we notice things which we generally tend to ignore???
My thought is if we realize the most important person in our life who controls almost everythign in and about our life is we – ourseleves then I am sure we will emphasize more on improving ourselves. If we come out of the box we live in….the ME I’m in and try to look at our own activities as a n outsider we realize how wrong we are at certain things..how terribly we think and how terribly we act….at particular issues…
I guess we should come out and know the REAL ME and then take some actions….let that ME know that ‘here are your problems…these are the things you lack…and this is what you should do to carry on for better future’ ….I am sure that will be a great way of doing self-improvement!
The most important person you live with (yourself) must know how important is to take care of yourslef by taking some good actions !!!